Setting up your baby’s nursery is exciting. As you furnish your bundle of joy’s room, a white changing table may not be the first piece of furniture that comes to mind but it is an important piece nonetheless.
A white changing table is a purchase every parent would benefit from and makes a great baby shower gift. Considering all the options that are available for changing tables we have compiled a guide for you on how to choose a white changing table that fits your needs and the needs of your baby. Before we begin, let us take a look at why you need a white changing table for your home.
Changing tables come in all shapes, sizes, and designs. Shelves, baskets, and/or drawers in a changing table allows you to store essentials like extra diapers, wipes, and creams, ointments, and lotions.
There are several benefits to parents and baby for using a changing table, including the time to bond with your baby while adhering to his or her diapering needs. This bonding time is important for you and your baby and the stress of where to change them should not interfere with that bond.
1. Badger Basket Modern Changing Table with 3 Baskets and Hamper, White
Our first review covers the Badger Basket Modern Changing Table with 3 Baskets and Hamper in white. This white changing table is a robust, wooden design perfect for any compact space. The hamper and three baskets included with this white changing table are all removable for your convenience.
The large hamper can be used for your soiled baby clothes or removed to stash your large packs of extra diapers, wipes, and blankets.
The baskets and hamper of the Badger Basket Modern Changing Table provide this option with concealed storage. The baskets and hamper of this white changing table easily fold flat for your convenience.
The stability of this white changing table is reinforced by a metal support bar beneath the changing surface provides added security for your baby.
Additional safety for your bundle of joy comes in the rails that surround all four sides of the Badger Basket Modern Changing Table. A foam covered changing pad with a safety belt is included with your purchase of this white changing table.
Dimensions: 34.2 x 20.8 x 34.5 inches.
Here are the pros and cons of this changing table:
- Easy to assemble
- Compact, robust design
- Removable baskets and hamper that fold easily when not used
- Spacious storage
- Changing pad with safety straps included
- Safety rails surround all four sides
- Baskets and hamper are not washable
- The space between rails and changing pad may catch baby’s arm
2. Dream On Me Emily Changing Table, White
Our next review is of the Dream on Me Emily Changing Table in White. This white changing table is a well-made, open concept design with two fixed shelves.
You will find the Dream on Me Emily Changing Table easy to assemble with no additional tools required.
The basic, wooden design of this changing table allows for adequate storage and would be a lovely addition to any nursery theme or design.
The spacious and functional shelves hold up to twenty-five pounds and allow for the diapering supplies to be within an easy arms reach.
A one-inch changing pad with safety straps is included with the purchase of the Dream on Me Emily Changing Table.
The safety rail on this white changing table is five and one-half inches tall and provides surrounding protection to keep your baby from rolling off the table.
Dimensions: 36.5 x 20 x 39 inches.
Now for the pros and cons of this white changing table:
- Easy to assemble, with no additional tools required
- Adequate storage
- 1-inch changing pad included
- 5 ½ inch safety rails surround all sides
- Shelves and tabletop only hold 25 pounds and may not be suitable for large babies or heavy supplies
- Changing pad is only 1 inch thick and some may consider this to be too thin
- Shelves have no back which may cause supplies to easily fall behind if pushed too far
3. DaVinci Jayden 3-Drawer Changer Dresser, White
This next review is of the DaVinci Jayden 3-Drawer Changer Dresser in white. This is a dresser with an added changing pad making it a changing table superstar for your baby’s nursery.
This white changing table includes three spacious drawers for all baby changing essentials and leaves room for your bundle of joy’s wardrobe.
With an A+ rating from Amazon’s customers for its sturdy and stylish design, the DaVinci Jayden 3-Drawer Changer Dresser creates an elegant look and would be an asset to any baby’s room.
Dimensions: 37.2 x 21.4 x 41 inches.
Here are the pros and cons of this white changing table:
- Provides spacious storage
- Doubles as a dresser and can be used for years after your baby is out of diapers
- Changing pad included
- You may need more than one person to assemble
- More expensive than the other options
4. South Shore Peak-a-Boo Collection Changing Table, White
This white changing table would go with any nursery décor and it comes with easy to assemble instructions.
This white changing table features two open storage shelves that are remarkably deep. The South Shore Peek-a-Boo Collection Changing Table could double as a bookshelf once you are out of the diaper changing business.
A changing pad is not included with the purchase of this white changing table. You will also have to supply your own tools for the assembly of this product.
South Shore Peak-A-Boo Collection offers a 5-year limited warranty with the purchase of this white changing table.
Dimensions: 19.5x 34.8 x 35.5 inches
The pros and cons of this white changing tables are as follows:
- Easy to assemble
- Spacious storage with deep shelves
- 5 year limited warranty
- Changing pad not included
- Assembly tools are not included
- Even with instructions, this may be difficult to put together
5. Delta Children Infant Changing Table
Our final review is of the Delta Children Infant Changing Table. This white changing table offers durability and safety at an affordable price.
The Delta Children Infant Changing Table requires some assembly but proves to be easy to assemble. Included in this white changing table are two fixed, open shelves which are the perfect storage options for all your baby’s diaper duty needs.
A water-resistant, thin changing pad with a safety strap attached is included with this white changing table.
Another plus for the Delta Children Infant Changing Table is that it includes high sides around the top of the table for added safety while changing your baby. We also respect that it features a no-tip design.
On a downside, this white changing table does not have a back to it. This may not be an issue if the table is placed against a wall or if the products are not pushed toward the back of the shelves where they could possibly fall to the floor.
Dimensions: 38 x 25.5 x 23 inches
To summarize this changing table with Pros and Cons:
- Requires some assembly but is easy to assemble
- Sturdy wood design
- Plenty of storage with two spacious open shelves
- Water-resistant changing pad with safety straps included
- Safety rails, along with the top of the table, enclose all sides
- No-tip design
- Some may find the changing pad to be too thin
- Shelves are open and have no back
Why do you need a changing table?
Having a dedicated changing area offers parents a safe and convenient option for changing the baby. Changing your baby on the floor can be inconvenient and a back-breaking chore. A specific changing area containing a table with rails or barriers on all sides and a safety strap is the safest choice and saves you from a backache.
A changing table is also considered a back saver for new parents because of the comfortable height. Now that you have decided not to crawl onto the floor to diaper your baby, your back will thank you for using a changing table that allows you to stand upright.
What to look for when buying a changing table?
- A guardrail is standard on changing tables but may not be on convertible dresser / changing tables. Guardrails prevent the baby from rolling off the surface of the table. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends a railing that is at least 2 inches high on all sides.
- Changing a baby’s diaper can sometimes be a tricky experience and a changing table with sturdy and stable legs is a must. Look closely at the construction of the changing table. If you lightly shake the changing table and it feels wobbly, keep shopping and find another option.
- Ensure the option you are looking at has a safety strap that goes across your baby’s body to prevent them from rolling.
- The ideal changing table has a convenient place to store diapers, wipes, and creams that are within an arm’s reach and can be grabbed without taking your eyes off your baby.
- Ensure that the shelves or drawers are big enough to store your necessities and will be a useful addition to baby’s nursery.
- Thinking about the placement in your nursery, the shelves should be in a convenient location and accessible when in place.
- Choose a changing table that suits the height of both parents, save your back from the uncomfortable chore of bending over too far.
Easy to clean
- Messes are inevitable, the changing surface should be easy to clean.
- The changing pad or mattress should be washable.
- Ensure that if you want to continue using the changing table after diaper duty is over that you choose a table that has multiple functions.
- The shelves and/or drawers can be used to store blankets, lotions, and toys once your child is out of diapers.
- A convertible dresser/changing table can be used for years after your child has been potty trained.
Now it is time to introduce you to a range of white changing tables that would be suitable for your nursery.
To Wrap Up
We hope you have enjoyed our guide to the best white changing tables on the market and you find that this guide has been useful.
Getting ready to bring your baby home is exciting. Setting up baby’s nursery is one of the first things parents do in anticipation of their bundle of joy’s arrival.
Finding the best changing table to suit your needs and the needs of your baby can be difficult but we trust we have helped you narrow down those options with this useful guide.
Diapering your baby is a quality bonding time for you and your baby, choosing the right changing table for the job shouldn’t be a difficult task.