Are you lacking space in your baby’s nursery? Do you have an empty corner? If you said yes, this is the article for you.
A corner changing table is an innovative and unique angle on changing tables and is ideal for the smaller nursery.
– Corner Changing Table Comparisons Table –
Capitalize on the corner space in your baby’s room with a corner baby changing table that provides abundant storage without taking up too much space.
Baby changing tables are beneficial to a baby’s room but not all nurseries have the space for one. If your bundle of joy’s nursery does not have the adequate space for a traditional changing table, this buying guide can assist you in finding the best corner changing table for your unique situation.
Why is a corner changing table a good fit for your nursery?
Nestled in the corner of your baby’s room, a corner changing table complements your nursery’s décor, provides storage for all your diaper changing needs, saves your back and knees from pain, and adds functionality to diaper duty without taking up a lot of space.
Corner changing tables offer all the benefits of the traditional changing table, including stability, safety, and storage.
What to look for when buying a corner changing table?
- To guarantee a perfect fit, make sure to measure the corner you will be placing the changing table in. The corner baby changing table should be a good fit with no large gaps between the table and wall where items can fall and be difficult to retrieve.
- Corner changing tables often have custom size changing pads, ensure the size of the changing area and changing pad is satisfactory.
- Compare heights of different corner changing tables. Taller parents may need a taller table.
- Inspect the construction of the changing table for sturdiness. Your corner changing table should have strong and study legs. Lightly shake the changing table. It should not wobble, if it does choose a different option.
- For added safety, look for a corner changing table with safety straps and barriers on all four sides. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends a railing that is at least 2 inches high on all sides.
- Changing tables, with adequate storage, have shelves, baskets, and / or drawers that allow for you to store baby’s essentials. Look for storage that allows for baby’s necessities to be within an easy arm’s reach.
- Ensure that the shelves or drawers are big enough to be useful.
- Many baby changing tables offer a variety of storage that is useful for toys and clothing as the child ages, which allows for more use out of the product. This is something to keep in mind if you want to purchase one product that you will use for years to come.
Now here are our picks of the best corner changing tables.
Badger Basket Diaper Corner Changing Table, White
Our first review is of the Badger Basket Diaper Corner Changing Table in white. This corner baby changing table offers plenty of storage for all of your baby’s needs and is wood crafted and available in cherry, natural or white finishes.
The Badger Basket Diaper Corner Changing Table is made in the USA and is easy to assemble. All paints and finishes for this changing table are non-toxic.
A contoured changing pad with one terry cloth, fabric changing pad cover is included.
Two compartmentalized shelving units provides adequate storage for all your baby changing needs. This corner changing table easily converts into a display shelf or bookcase after diaper duty is complete.
As a summery here are the Pros and Cons for the Badger Basket Diaper Corner Changing Table:
- Offers plenty of storage
- Wood crafted
- Available in cherry, natural, or white finishes
- Made in the USA
- Easy to assemble
- All paints and finishes are non-toxic
- Includes a contoured changing pad and terry cloth cover
- The changing pad can be attached to the table cutting down on sliding of the pad
- The changing pad provided is thin and flimsy
Badger Basket Baby Changing Table with Hamper and Basket, Espresso
Our second and final review is of the Badger Basket Baby Changing Table with Hamper and Basket in espresso. This baby changing battle station includes a hamper, a storage drawer, changing pad, and pad cover.
The included hamper is independent of this corner changing table and can removed for the ease of carrying it to the laundry room. The hamper folds flat for easy storage when not being used.
The purchase of the Badger Baby Changing Table with Hamper and Basket also includes a safety belt and one, white terry cloth changing pad cover. A 30 day manufacturer warranty is also included.
Amazon reviewers gave the Badger Baby Changing Table with Hamper and Basket an A+ rating due to the ease of assembly.
All paints and finishes used on this corner baby changing table are non-toxic.
Here are the pros and cons of this corner baby changing table:
- Includes a hamper, storage drawer, changing pad, and pad cover
- Hamper folds flat when not in use
- Adequate storage
- Safety belt included
- Comes with one, white terry cloth changing pad cover
- Easy to assemble
- All paints and finishes are non-toxic
- Only comes with a 30 day manufacturer warranty
- The changing pad provided is flimsy and thin
Diaper changes are unavoidable and unpleasant tasks, but fortunately you have some choices of where and how you change those messes.
The diaper changing area you choose can be customized to fit your unique nursery design.
We are confident this buying guide gave you the information to find the best corner changing table for your needs and the needs of your baby.
Our reviews covered two different types of corner changing tables that provide a convenient, clean, and safe place to change your baby’s diaper while also sticking to the unique design of your nursery.
We hope you find the perfect changing table for your nursery, and that you cherish every moment you have with your new bundle of joy.